Apply to become a Professional Fellow and travel to the US for six weeks in fall 2017! The fall program dates are tentatively set for October 10-November 17, 2017.
We are looking for young professionals interested in coming to the US for a one month professional fellowship. Apply online at https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp Deadline for all 18 countries is April 7.
To participate you must be:
• 25-35 years old;
• A citizen and current resident of either Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Myanmar, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine or Vietnam;
• Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
• Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
• Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
• Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
“Who is a Professional Fellow?”
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
• The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
• Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations
• Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy
• NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment
• Universities - incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development
“How will the program benefit me? Why should I apply?”
Each finalist of the program will:
• Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
• Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
• Become part of the prestigious PFP network. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.