Apply to become a YSEALI Professional Fellow and travel to the US for six weeks in Spring 2018! The spring program dates are tentatively set for six weeks in April and May 2018.
We are looking for young professionals interested in coming to the US for a one month professional fellowship. Apply online at https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp Deadline is November 13, 2017.
To participate you must be:
• 25-35 years old;
• A citizen and current resident of either Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia,Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam;
• Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
• Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
• Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
• Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
“Who is a Professional Fellow?”
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
• The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
• Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations
• Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy
• NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment
• Universities - incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development
“How will the program benefit me? Why should I apply?”
Each finalist of the program will:
• Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
• Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
• Become part of the prestigious PFP network. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.